Chantry Heritage Centre

The oldest building in Gravesend, Milton Chantry is all that remains of a leper hospital built in 1322 by Aymer de Valence, Earl of Pembroke. It has served in turn as a hospital, Tudor chantry chapel, public house, and Georgian barracks, and its basement was converted for use as a gas decontamination chamber during the Second World War.

Fort Gardens,

Commercial Place,

Gravesend,

Kent, 

DA12 2BH
Website
Visit site (opens in new window)
Nearest train station
Gravesend
Travel with
Great Northern
Southern
ThamesLink